These HEAVY DUTY wide angle propshafts are custom made for us to our own specification, they are a very well made propshaft using the very best of components we can source, they are fully greaseable including the slider, and are balanced to a very high standard and have proved to reduce vibrations on many Land Rovers.
These propshafts are made to a very high standard, please don’t compare these to cheap import ones.
Please note these propshafts have heavy duty round flanges, when fitting make sure you clean up the diff and gearbox flange face as you may have taken a square type flange off and the new round one does not want to sit on top of rust.
If you are fitting one of our propshafts to the rear od a 300Tdi Discovery, you will need to change the flange on the differential for one of our 'Discovery 1 4 bolt Diff Flange Conversion' kit.
Please select the propshaft you require from the 'Options' tab above.
- 30 degree wide angle (1310 series) to prevent the propshaft binding up on long travel suspension.
- Higher torque capacity than a standard Land Rover propshaft, using 50mm heavy duty 3mm wall tube.
- Heavy duty round flange face (not the old square type), that bolts onto the diff and gearbox 79.4mm PCD.
- Heavy duty 1310 series Universal Joints (81.8mm x 27mm) with nylon thrust washers and nylon/rubber seals, the nylon thrust washers also have 5 slots in them to allow grease to get to each cup when greased
- Rilsan coated splines for smother operation and helps eliminate vibrations.
- Upgraded involute spline configuration with 18 splines that is also greasable which is a feature only found on our propshafts.
- Double seal arrangement on the slip assembly, with 110mm of movement and full spline contact on the male and female slider to help with long travel suspension.
- Internally plug welded to hold grease in the slider.
- Phased when required to reduce vibrations.
- All prop shafts come with a tube of K48 grease.
Please note that propshaft UJ`s on lifted vehicles are under more strain and require REGULAR GREASING to prolong their life, no propshaft should be used for long periods of time with a steeper running angle of more than 10 degree, anything above this angle used for long journeys will cause the UJs to over heat and cause premature wear, this is always a problem on Land Rovers especially with suspension lifts above 2 inches, as once you lift the suspension the propshaft angle steepens, even caster correction makes the propshaft angle steeper.
Product Brand: Gwyn Lewis
Product Code: GLPROPRR90DEF200